Pandora St - case study
Water Quality / Structural Improvement
Pandora Ave. | Douglas St. to Government St.
Client: City of Victoria - Victoria, BC Canada
Full cut replacement would have closed traffic for at least a month causing significant traffic chaos Induracoat was able to rehabilitate the water main in 3 days while leaving one lane open to traffic.In 2016, Induracoat again provided lining services for The City of Victoria on Padora Avenue. this line services Victoria City Hall, a local TV station (CTV Vancouver Island) and a centrally located hotel (the Rialto).
The application of Scotchkote 2400 pipe renewal liner acted as a semi-structural liner to ensure that these pipes were sound before investing money in further street surface upgrades.
- Pipe Age/History: 1908
- Pipe Material: Cast Iron
- Pipe Diameter: 150mm (6 inches)
- Pipe Length: 161 meters
- Water Quality Improvement
- Increase C Factor & ensure the structural integrity
- Competing Solution: Total Pipe Replacement
- 2 linings of 3M Scotchkote 2400 at 1.75mm each, for a total thickness of 3.5mm, constituting a structural lining.
- Total Volume of Material: 270 Litres
- Project Time Frame: 3 days
- Cleaning Method: Rack-feed Bore System
- Cleaning, lining, excavation, disinfection, reinstatement contractor: Induracoat
“The City of Victoria was preparing to upgrade the surface streetscape along Pandora St. and was eager to rehabilitate the 1908 water main prior to starting street refurbishment. This extremely busy downtown street is adjacent to Victoria City Hall and centered in Victoria’s tourist area.
Full cut replacement would have closed traffic for at least a month causing significant traffic chaos Induracoat was able to rehabilitate the water main in 3 days while leaving one lane open to traffic.”
Doug Ritch, Project Manager
Canadian Induracoat Corporation
Scotchkote Liner 2400 is NSF/ANSI 61 certified and BPA free, with no VOCs
Case Study Summary Info
- Project: Water Quality / Structural Improvement
- Owner: City of Victoria
- Contractor: Canadian Induracoat Corporation
- Coating System: Scotchkote Liner 2400
- Project Scope: 161 Meters of 6” Cast iron pipe installed in 1908
- Location: Pandora St. | Douglas St. to Government St.