Vancouver St - case study
Victoria Iron Works - circa 1908
An example of the age & condition of the pipe installed in this lcoation
Airies Inspection Equipment
Our robotic camera inspection system at work
Tomahawk System - Aggregate Cleaning
Forced air vortex aggregate cleaning
CIC Application Engineers
Our site supervisors discuss next steps
Post Cleaning Inspection
Our robotic camera inspects the line after the cleaning process
Our robotic camera is successfully retrieved from the line after inspection
Application Control Panel
The application process is closely monitored & regulated throughout the application of the Scotchkote 2400 lining material
The Induracoat equipment trailer - one of several units on-site at all jobs
Water Quality / Structural Improvement
Vancouver Street | Fort St. to McClure St.
Client: City of Victoria - Victoria, BC Canada
The 3M Scotchkote Pipe Renewal Liner 2400 product was the perfect application for the needs of the city of Victoria.In the fall of 2014, Canadian Induracoat Corporation was awarded a bid to line over 300 meters of Victoria's aging watermains. The project required minimal impact on traffic flows in the area, and priority concern was given to the wide range of mature, and fully established trees within the neighbourhood.
The area was also a heavy mixture of residential dwellings, historical structures, and commercial businesses. Every effort was made to ensure that Induracoat's personel & equipment were of minimal disruption to the area residents & businesses.
- Pipe Age/History: 1908
- Pipe Material: Cast Iron
- Pipe Diamteter:203.2mm (8 inches)
- Pipe Length: 304 meters
- Water Quality Improvement
- Increase C Factor
- Competing Solution: Total Pipe Replacement
- 2 linings of 3M Scotchkote 2400 at 1.75mm each, for a total thickness of 3.5mm, constituting a structural lining.
- Total Volume of Material: 498 Litres
- Project Time Frame: 3 days
- Cleaning Contractor: Envirologics Engineering Inc
- Cleaning Method: Forced air vortex aggregate cleaning
- Lining, excavation, disinfection, reinstatement contractor: Induracoat
“The dozens of beautiful trees lining both sides of Vancouver Street in Victoria were planted long after the water main installation in 1908. Water main replacement would have likely been lethal to the trees given the water mains current proximity.
The use of the Scotchkote Liner 2400 provided the city with a trenchless, semi-structural rehabilitation solution without harm to the trees and significantly reduced impact on local traffic flows.”
Doug Ritch, Project Manager
Canadian Induracoat Corporation
Scotchkote Liner 2400 is NSF/ANSI 61 certified and BPA free, with no VOCs
Case Study Summary Info
- Project: Water Quality / Structural Improvement
- Owner: City of Victoria
- Contractor: Canadian Induracoat Corporation
- Coating System: Scotchkote Liner 2400
- Project Scope: 304 Meters of 8” Cast iron pipe installed in 1908
- Location: Vancouver St. | Fort St. to McClure St.