Sumas St - case study
CIC Engineering & Planning
The Induracoat team plans extensively for the position of open pits and avoids traffic disruptions at all costs
Initial CCTV Inspection
Several inspections of the watermain are performed throughout the project
Working with City Officials
Induracoat works with city engineers & planners throughout the application process
Access pits are braced for safety & support
The sprayhead used in our application process
The sprayhead is connected to the main application line
CIC Control Panel
The sprayhead's performance is monitored & regulated throughout the application process
The sprayhead prepares to exit the pipe at the end of the application process
Water Quality / Structural Improvement
Sumas Street | Garbally St. to Manchester St.
Client: City of Victoria - Victoria, BC Canada
The City was seeking a non-disruptive solution to enhance the mains structural integrity. The 3M Scotchkote 2400 was able to deliver an economical solution.In 2014 Induracoat continued to provide The City of Victoria with further linging solutions. In this instance, Induracoat lined over 180 meters of 150mm pipe throughout the Sumas Street neighbourhood, including Garbally through Manchester Street's.
The weather at this time of year was not a barrier to Induracoat's technology or application process.
- Pipe History/Age: 1950
- Pipe Material: Cast Iron
- Pipe Diameter: 150mm (6 inches)
- Pipe Length: 187.4 meters
- Water Quality Improvement
- Increase C Factor
- Competing Solution: Total Pipe Replacement
- 2 linings of 3M Scotchkote 2400 at 1.75mm each, for a total thickness of 3.5mm, constituting a structural lining.
- Total Volume of Material: 305 Litres
- Project Time Frame: 3 days
- Cleaning Contractor: Envirologics Engineering Inc
- Cleaning Method: Forced air vortex aggregate cleaning
- Lining, excavation, disinfection, reinstatement contractor: Induracoat
“The water main at this location runs directly under the curb where the grass and treed boulevard meets the road. Replacement would have meant weeks of traffic disruption to the commercial and residential neighbors and very likely the loss of several trees.
The area has experienced a higher rate of breaks and the City was seeking a non-disruptive solution to enhance the mains structural integrity. Scotchkote 2400 was able to deliver an economical solution.”
Doug Ritch, Project Manager
Canadian Induracoat Corporation
Scotchkote Liner 2400 is NSF/ANSI 61 certified and BPA free, with no VOCs
Case Study Summary Info
- Project: Water Quality / Structural Improvement
- Owner: City of Victoria
- Contractor: Canadian Induracoat Corporation
- Coating System: Scotchkote Liner 2400
- Project Scope: 187 Meters of 6” Cast iron pipe installed in 1950
- Location: Sumas St. | Garbally St. to Manchester St.