The repair of random cracks and application of a coating in a secondary containment area was a major concern at this airplane manufacturing plant. Due to the limited shutdown time and low October temperatures most conventional coating systems were ruled out.
Case Study Summary Info
- Project Major fracture repair and secondary concrete containment coating
- Owner A major airplane manufacturing company, Wichita, Kansas
- Specified Company Facility Engineering Division
- Contractor Doyle, Reed Painting Company
- Coating System VersaFlex SU75 for crack repair and FSS 45DC-F Polyurea
- Project Scope Approximately 6,500 S.F.
- Installation October, 1995