3M™ Scotchkote™ Pipe Renewal Liner 2400 helps provide a cost effective solution to many of the problems common to potable water distribution systems. Its unique properties, combined with a trenchless spin cast application process, can efficiently coat the existing infrastructure—restoring internal pipe diameters, increasing flow, improving efficiency, minimizing water loss and helping to prevent additional corrosion and build up of scale and tuberculation.
The ability to reinstate a water main within 90 minutes of lining allows for same day return to service—reducing total cost, shortening construction schedules and minimizing disruptions to water customers, traffic and local businesses.
- Performance Benefits
1Certified: The 100% solids polyurea formulation is NSF/ANSI-61 Certified, BPA free and contains no VOCs.
2Strong: Scotchkote Liner 2400 is an AWWA M-28 structural lining.
3Fast: The unique polyurea formulation sets in 10 minutes and reaches full cure in 60 minutes, allowing for same day return to service.
4Flexible: Scotchkote Liner 2400 can be applied on ductile iron, cast iron, steel and cement mortar lined pipes ranging in diameter from 4" to 24". Bituman and asphalt coatings should not be overlined with Scotchkote Liner 2400 unless they can be completely removed. Asbestos Cement pipe and PVC pipe must be lined at structural specifications outlined in the Scotchkote 2400 Design and Installation Guide.
5Efficient: The liner is installed via a trenchless, spin-cast process that can eliminate up to 90% of the excavation, fill and repaving associated with open cut replacement reducing overall costs and construction time.
6Reliable: Backed by 3M’s 50 years of pipelining experience and over 100 years of innovation, Scotchkote Liner 2400 is installed only by 3M Authorized Applicators.
- Application Caliper (Thickness) and Usage
Pipe Diameter in (mm) Class I Lining Class III Lining Caliper mm Mixed Resin Usage L/ft Caliper mm Mixed Resin Usage L/ft 4 (100) 1.2 0.12 3.5 0.36 6 (150) 1.2 0.18 3.5 0.54 8 (200) 1.2 0.25 3.5 0.72 10 (250) 1.2 0.31 3.5 0.90 12 (300) 1.2 0.37 4.5 1.38 14 (360) 1.2 0.43 5 1.79 16 (410) 1.2 0.49 5.75 2.35 18 (460) 1.2 0.55 6.5 2.99 20 (510) 1.2 0.61 7.25 3.71 22 (560) 1.2 0.68 8 4.50 24 (610) 1.2 0.74 8.5 5.22
- Material Properties (Cured Lining)
Test Standard Result V.O.C. (As Mixed) EPA Method 24 0 g/L Bisphenol A EPA Method 1311 BPA Free Tensile Strength At Break ASTM D638-08 39 MPa Tensile Elongation ASTM D638-08 5% Flexural Strength ASTM D790-07 58 MPa Flexural Modulus ASTM D790-07 3620 MPa Burst Pressure - 6" Diameter Lining (Lining Thickness) ASTM D1599-99 205 psi (3.5 mm) Hardness ASTM D2240-5 87 Shore D Impact Resistance (Lining Thickness) ASTM D2794-93 17 Joules (1.7 mm)
33 Joules (6mm)
Abrasion Resistance ASTM D4060-07 193 mg loss per 1000 cycles Tg ASTM D7028-07 205°F (96°C) Water Absorption ASTM D570-98 1.31% (21 days)
- Data Sheets & MSDS Specifications
- Cannot find the download. ID=39Cannot find the download. ID=70Cannot find the download. ID=71Cannot find the download. ID=120Cannot find the download. ID=6
Case Study Summary Info
- Application Method: Trenchless Spin Cast
- Application Thickness: 1.2mm to 12mm dependent upon requirements, pipe diameter and bury depth
- Container Volume (metric): 12 Litre
- Drinking Water Approvals: NSF/ANSI 61, Reg 31(4)a
- Full Cure Time: 60 second gel, 10 minute cure (CCTV), 60 minute total cure, 30 minute flush
- Industry Solutions: Rehabilitating Potable Water Infrastructure
- Mixed Color: Grey
- Mix Ratio: 1:1 (Part A:Part B)
- Product Family: Scotchkote Liner 2400
- Product Type: Polyurea
- Rec Application: Pipes
- Recommended Surfaces: Cast Iron, Ductile Iron, Steel, Asbestos Cement, PVC, and Cement Mortar Lined Pipe
- Shelf Life: 15 Months
- Storage Temperature: Store between 5C (40F) and 32C (90F)
- Used With: Potable Water